Residents of Wixom are eligible for a FREE library card. You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card. If it is lost or stolen, please notify the Library immediately. Residents’ library cards are valid for 3 years and may be used at most of The Library Network member libraries. Business cards expire after one year and may only be used at the Wixom Public Library.
Any Wixom resident is eligible to receive a Wixom Library card. Proof of residency must be shown at the time of application. Proof of residency includes: a Michigan Driver’s License, a Michigan Identification card, school report card, lease, official mail. Anyone under 18 years old may also receive a Library card with the signature of a parent or guardian and proof of parent or guardian residency. Wixom Library cards are valid for three years from the date of application.
Click here to download a Library Card Application.
Non-Residents who work in the City:
A non-resident who works within the City of Wixom may be eligible for a one year, non-resident, business card. Proof of employment and proof of residency must be shown at the time of the application.
Click here to download a Business Library Card Application.
A non-resident card is available for purchase at a cost of $125.00 per year.
Every library cardholder has a PIN (Personal Identification Number). Your PIN ensures the privacy of your library record. You will need your PIN to place holds on items or to review and/or renew items you currently have checked out.
The system automatically assigns a default PIN when you get your library card. If you are not sure what your PIN is, please come to the Check-Out Desk with your library card or identification and library staff will be able to provide that information to you.
If you want to change the PIN for your Library Account:
- Click here (can also access from homepage below catalog)
- Click on My Account.
- Enter your library card number and current PIN
- Enter and confirm your new PIN. Please note: PINs can only be composed of letters and numbers – no spaces or special characters such as @, $, etc. PINs must be a minimum of 4 characters and a maximum of 10 characters long. They are not case sensitive. If you wish to use the Library’s toll-free telephone renewal service, your PIN must be a four-digit number.
- To finalize the change, click “Change PIN“.
|Magazines (except for most current issue)||1 week|
|Music CDs||1 week|
|Holiday Books||1 week|
|Lucky Day Books||1 week|
As long as no one is waiting for an item, most items may be renewed twice. Exceptions are new DVDs, MeLCat items, and items that have holds. You must renew on or before the due date. You may easily renew your items online by following these steps:
- Click here (also accessible from homepage under catalog)
- Click on My Account.
- Enter your Library Card Number and your PIN. Do not use spaces when entering your library card number.
- Click the box(es) next to the item(s) you want to renew.
- Click “Renew”.
- You will then see a list of the items that have been renewed along with a new due date. Please be sure all of your selected items were renewed. If an item was not renewed, there will be a reason given and you will not receive a new due date for that item. These items remain due on the original due date and overdue fines will accrue from that date.
You may also renew materials by phone, toll-free, by calling 1-888-672-8983. Have your library card and PIN available.
Items that are overdue must be returned to the library – they may not be renewed either online or over the phone.
Fines and Fees
Most library services are free of charge, but we do ask that materials be returned or renewed on time. When our materials are returned after the due date, fines begin to accrue on a daily basis for each item at the following rates:
Adult materials: 20 cents/day
Juvenile materials: 20 cents/day
All Videos/DVDs/Lucky Day Books: $1.00/day
The maximum amount of fines collected for any item at one time is $10 per item.
You are responsible for care of the materials you borrow. Items that are damaged will be assessed fees for repair or replacement. Lost items or items that need to be replaced will be charged a $5.00 processing fee in addition to the replacement costs.
Patrons with fines or fees in excess of $15.00 forfeit their borrowing and computer privileges until paid.
Please return your items promptly. An overdue notice will be sent after 21 days; a bill for replacement after 45 days.
- Replacement Library cards cost $1.00.
- Items returned with barcodes missing are assessed $2.00 .
- Photocopies and printouts are 10 cents each.
- Fax service is available for a fee of $1.00 per page for any 248 area code and $1.50 per page for any outside area codes.