The Wixom Public Library offers 15 computers which provide access to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Adobe Acrobat Reader, GIMP (photo editing program) and Microsoft Office 2010. We have 1 black & white printer and a public copier for color printing. Printing is .10 cents a page for black and white and .50 cents a page for color. Printing funds can be added to library cards at the Information or Circulation Desks. Scanning is available on our public copy machine and can be saved to your flash drive.
What do I need to use the computers?
- To get the maximum benefit, you should have a library card and your personal identification number (PIN).
- There are two defaults to try if you don’t know your PIN: 1234 or changeme. If these do not work, ask at the Information Desk. Do not use spaces when you enter the library card number.
- Guest passes are available for those who do not qualify for a library card. ID is required.
- Card holders with fines or fees in excess of $15 are blocked from using the computers.
How do I log onto the computer?
- Enter your library card number and PIN. Click [OK]. Accept the Library Computer Use Policy.
What is the Personal Session Manager?
- A clock will show your remaining time and an inactivity warning will display if the computer has been idle for too long.
- There is a Timeout Warning before your session ends. If you need to refresh your time, please ask at the Information Desk.
- Click the [Minimize] button to move the Personal Session Manager to the taskbar.
- Always click on [End Session] when finished.