Library Cards During Closure
Residents of Wixom who do not already have a library card can fill out this online form to receive a temporary digital library card to access to our digital resources during our closure. Applicants will need to come into the Library after we reopen with ID and Proof of Residency to receive full library privileges. If your existing card expired, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and staff will renew the card for 3 months.
Residents of Wixom are eligible for a FREE library card. You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card. If it is lost or stolen, please notify the Library immediately. Residents’ library cards are valid for 3 years and may be used at most of The Library Network member libraries. Business cards expire after one year and may only be used at the Wixom Public Library.
Any Wixom resident is eligible to receive a Wixom Library card. Proof of residency must be shown at the time of application. Proof of residency includes: a Michigan Driver’s License, a Michigan Identification card, school report card, lease, official mail. Anyone under 18 years old may also receive a Library card with the signature of a parent or guardian and proof of parent or guardian residency. Wixom Library cards are valid for three years from the date of application.
Click here to download a Library Card Application.
Non-Residents who work in the City:
A non-resident who works within the City of Wixom may be eligible for a one year, non-resident, business card. Proof of employment and proof of residency must be shown at the time of the application.
Click here to download a Business Library Card Application.
A non-resident card is available for purchase at a cost of $125.00 per year.
Every library cardholder has a PIN (Personal Identification Number). Your PIN ensures the privacy of your library record. You will need your PIN to place holds on items or to review and/or renew items you currently have checked out.
The system automatically assigns a default PIN when you get your library card. If you are not sure what your PIN is, please come to the Check-Out Desk with your library card or identification and library staff will be able to provide that information to you.
If you want to change the PIN for your Library Account:
- Click here (can also access from homepage below catalog)
- Click on Log In located in the top right corner of the page.
- Enter your library card number and current PIN.
- Click on Your Account and then Library PIN on the left side of the page.
- Enter and confirm your new PIN. Please note: PINs can only be composed of numbers – no spaces, letters, or special characters such as @, $, etc. PINs must be a minimum of 4 characters and a maximum of 6 numbers long. They are not case sensitive. If you wish to use the Library’s toll-free telephone renewal service, your PIN must be a four-digit number.
- To finalize the change, click “Save“.
|Magazines (except for most current issue)||1 week|
|Music CDs||1 week|
|Holiday Books||1 week|
|Lucky Day Books||3 weeks|
As long as no one is waiting for an item, most items may be renewed twice. Exceptions are new DVDs, MeLCat items, and items that have holds. You must renew on or before the due date. You may easily renew your items online by following these steps:
- Click here (also accessible from homepage under catalog)
- Click on Log In in the upper right corner.
- Enter your Library Card Number and your PIN. Do not use spaces when entering your library card number.
- Go to Your Account. Click the tab labeled Account Activity. Click the box(es) next to the item(s) you want to renew.
- Click “Renew”.
- You will then see a list of the items that have been renewed along with a new due date. Please be sure all of your selected items were renewed. If an item was not renewed, there will be a reason given and you will not receive a new due date for that item. These items remain due on the original due date and overdue fines will accrue from that date.
You may also renew materials by phone, toll-free, by calling 1-888-672-8983. Have your library card and PIN available.
Items that are overdue must be returned to the library – they may not be renewed either online or over the phone.
Fines and Fees
Most library services are free of charge, but patrons are responsible for the care and timely return of materials. With the exception of mobile hotspots, Wixom Public Library items do not accrue overdue fines. Patrons may still accrue fines for items borrowed from other libraries.
Cardholders are responsible for care of the materials borrowed. Items that are damaged will be assessed fees for repair or replacement. Lost items will be charged the replacement cost of the item.
The Library charges the following fees:
|Mobile Hotspots||$5.00 per day overdue | $70.00 replacement fee|
|Lost or Damaged Item||Replacement Cost (varies)|
|Replacement Library Card||$1.00|
|Printing and Photocopier||$0.10 per page B&W | $0.50 per page color (single sided)|
|Faxes||248 Area Code: $1.00 per page
All other area codes: $1.50 per page
International: $5.00 + $1.00 per page
Patrons with fines of fees in excess of $15.00 forfeit their borrowing privileges until paid. Patrons with 1 or more lost items will be blocked from using their library card. Patrons with 25 or more overdue items will be blocked from using their library card.
Library patrons are responsible for returning and renewing borrowed materials on or before the due date. An overdue notice will be sent at 7 days late; a lost bill will be sent at 21 days late. Notices will be sent via email. If email is not available, notices will be sent by phone.