As a result of the number of COVID-19 cases in the community, the Library will be returning to curbside only services as of Wednesday, November 18. Curbside services is Phase 3 of our reopening plan and closes the building to in person services. While this is a difficult decision, protecting the health and safety of Library staff and patrons is our top priority. We will continue to monitor local case numbers and positivity rates to return to Grab & Go services as soon as it is safe. We also continue to follow guidelines from Oakland County Health Division, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, MiOSHA, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
During curbside services the following services are available:
- Curbside pick up of holds and craft kits. Book a curbside appointment by calling the Library at (248) 624-2512 or online at https://curbside.capiratech.com/?code=wixomius48393
- Virtual programs, including story-times, crafts for all ages and book clubs
- Wireless hotspots check out for 14 days. Place a hold in the online catalog.
- WiFi is available in our parking lot
- Chromebooks will be available for 24 hour checkouts and paired with a hotspot for any patron needing computer access. Call the Library at (248) 624-2512 for availability.
- Downloadable eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, movies and music are available 24/7 at wixomlibrary.org/digital
- Reference services by phone (248) 624-2512 and email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curbside printing upon request by emailing email@example.com
- Curbside faxing by request
- Outdoor book returns remain open 24/7